After creating major buzz in the UK, Breach of Trust a movie which tackles incest and abuse is set to hit the big screen in Cameroon. The moviewhich features actors from the UK, Cameroon and Nigeria first hit the big screen in June 2017 in London at a star studded premiere at the Imax Odeon Cinema, Birmingham. Now it’s time for this revolutionary movie to make its debut in Cameroon come October 21st 2017 at the CanalOlympia CinemaBessengue, Douala.
Incest and sexual assault by family members who we trust is a common but unaddressed issue in our society. This is often due to societal pressures, fear, guilt, not knowing who to talk to, where to get support, the need to protect abusers reputation and even the fear that no one will believe you. More often than not the abusers are not brought to justice and are free to carry out this same sinful act over and over on new victims. It is with this in mind and drawing from a true life story of a young lady who had been abused in the past by a family member but didn’t speak up till she was abused again that RoselineFonkwa –Moundjongui, a UK based Cameroonian producer developed the movie concept.
It is a 3R Production movie directed byNelsonSpyk (UK) and NkanyaNkwai (Cameroon) that tells the story of two families who try to live a normal life but unfortunately one family member in each household sexually abuse the young girls in the family. These abusers and parents are in a position of trust but they break this trust when they make the decision to abuse their helpless young girls hence the title “BREACH OF TRUST”. It is an epic story which explores how we perceive incest as a taboo and cover up abusers rather than stand up to them and end the cycle. The movie features mind blowing performances from movie talents like Cameroon’s Epule Jeffrey, Princess BrunNjua,Gelem Dickson, Susan Kembling, Nkwenti Ruth, AchilleFotsoand Nigeria’s Walter Anga plus many more. It is filled with raw emotion and takes the viewer into the mind of an abused kid while sounding the trumpet for a call to action against this societal worm that is quietly feeding on young ones. The ultimate goal of the movie “Breach of Trust” is to raise awareness in our communities and let people feel safe to talk about this issue, deal with it and signpost victims on where they can get support.
About 3R Production
3R Productions was created in September 2016
The aim is to make movies that tell real life stories happening within our communities as well as address these issues.
Headquarters ; London50 Cambridge RoadBarkingEssexIG11 8FG
For more Information contact:
Fabafriq Magazine, Douala Cameroon
Note to Editor.
- 3R Productions is a diverse company and operates in Africa and Europe, making films in both continents and merging the gap through film.
- The movie Breach of Trust is the first major production of the company.
- Breach of Trust is an introductory project by 3R productions to setting up a center for victims of sexual abuse where they can get counselling, emotional/psychological healing and assist them to take legal action against their abusers.
- Our media partners for the UK premiere were: Vox Africa, CRTV, Canal 2 , The Pauline Long show UK, STV, Mammypi Fashion Blog, Miss Gina Promotes
- For behind the scenes pictures, please click this link https://www.dropbox.com/home/Breach%20of%20Trust
- For pictures from the UK premiere please click this link http://www.photoalbumboutique.com/breachoftrust
Kindly send us a link when published for us to share within our network